Air conditioning provides much needed comfort for South Houston residents in the summer. However, despite all of the benefits, most air conditioning units don’t provide total comfort. If it’s time to replace HVAC system, look at how a zoning system benefits comfort and efficiency.
What Is a Zoning System?
A zoning system uses multiple thermostats to control the temperature to different areas of the home separately. For example, the temperatures in the living areas may be set lower for comfort, while airflow to the bedrooms is turned off because they’re unoccupied.
Using feedback from the connected thermostats, a zoned system opens and closes dampers within the ductwork to control airflow. This gives homeowners the flexibility to customize the climate of each area separately.
What Are Zoning System Benefits?
A zoned approach to heating and cooling your home has several benefits:
- Energy efficiency – Because the system doesn’t need to heat and cool the entire home, energy savings of up to 30 percent is possible.
- Total comfort – A zoned system virtually eliminates hot and cold spots in a home. Through customization, zoned systems can address the specific needs of a room with a large number of windows or high ceilings.
- Extended system life – A zoned system receives less wear and tear than its traditional counterparts, as it doesn’t need to run at full speed at all times. This extends the life of your system and reduces repair costs.
What Types of Homes Benefit From Zoned Systems?
If your home has different temperature needs based on area, a zoned system may be a good solution. If your home has one or more of the following, consider a zoned system:
- Multiple levels
- Vaulted ceilings or lofts
- Rooms that are built as additions over unfinished spaces like a garage
- Finished rooms located in the attic or basement
- A large home with an expansive floor plan
- Additions built on concrete slabs
For additional information on zoning system benefits, contact the HVAC experts at Valderrama A/C & Refrigeration today.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com